UPDATE: Boracay will officially re-open on October 26, 2018. Before booking your room, please check if your chosen resort or hotel is compliant and has been accredited by the Inter-agency task force. You can find the initial list below.
Find Boracay travel tips and information FAST to help you easily plan your DIY trip to Boracay.
Then read the following:
- Arrival tips in Caticlan or Kalibo airports.
- Boat and land trip options with travel time from Manila to Batangas to Boracay (Caticlan Jetty Port) via Roro or 2GoTravel.
- Caticlan to Boracay Terminal and Environmental fees, Boracay boat fares, and local tricycle or e-trike rates.
- Great hotel deals from the cheapest rooms to the finest accommodations.
- Boracay travel map, and more.
- Also, see our comments section below for frequently asked questions on Boracay travel.
World’s Best Island and Asia’s 24/7 Island destination. Enjoy the softest white sand beach at world-class White Beach all day, party all night! Best of both worlds!
We aim to be your ultimate travel guide to Boracay. So, if you have any questions, please leave your thoughts in the comments section below. Or better yet, get in touch with us through our CONTACT page.
Thanks and happy travels!
-Radio Boracay TRAVEL Team
Boracay Travel FAST FACTS
How-To: Find Flights (Domestic Airlines)
The following airlines serve both Caticlan and Kalibo airports:
*Radio Boracay TRAVEL blog:
As of today, November 18, 2016, Caticlan (Boracay) airport now accepts larger planes due to its upgraded runway. Philippine Airlines' Airbus A320 now flies from Manila to Caticlan. And starting Dec. 16, 2016, daily flights to Caticlan from Cebu and Clark.
ADVISORY: Due to the added new flights, Caticlan (Boracay) airport is building a new terminal to accommodate passengers. Hence, transfers might not be as smooth as intended.
Boracay Travel TIP – 01:
Quickly see availability and compare rates from airlines serving Boracay, ALL on one page.
See Boracay Flights or click on the image below (links to our affiliate partner for flights and hotels search).
WHERE in the world
Located in Central Philippines, right at the heart of it all. Boracay Island is under the municipality of Malay in the province of Aklan and part of the “heart-shaped” Panay Island.
It is approximately 315 kilometers (196 miles) from the capital Manila and around 280 km (175 mi) from Cebu – two major cities that serve as airline hubs to and from Boracay.
*As of November 2016, more cheap flights will be added soon from Clark to Caticlan and Kalibo airports.
What To Do Upon Arrival In Caticlan or Kalibo Airports
(Including the latest Terminal and Environmental Fees, and Boat Fares)
From Caticlan (Boracay) Airport: (Code: MPH)
- Take a tricycle going to Caticlan Jetty Port (P100 good for 3 pax as of Dec. 2018).
- Travel Time: 10 mins.
- Proceed to Tourist Verification area and present a copy of your confirmed hotel or resort booking.
- Once verified, pay the TERMINAL Fee (P100/person; 5 yrs old & below = FREE), ENVIRONMENTAL Fee (P75/person; 12 yrs old & below = FREE), and BOAT Fare (P25/person 6am to 5:45pm; P30/pax 5:45pm onwards); 7 yrs old & up = FULL, 6 below = HALF fare.
- Proceed to baggage inspection, fill up the Visitor’s Form, board your boat.
- Caticlan to Boracay Island Boat Travel Time: 10-15 mins.
- Cagban Jetty Port is your point of entry.
*Since the months of June until October is "Habagat" or Southwest Monsoon (wet) season, guests may have to utilize Tabon Jetty Port which is about 20 minutes from Caticlan Boracay airport. Tricycle Fare from Caticlan to Tabon: P80 good for 2-3 persons.
As a result, your point of entry will be Tambisaan Jetty Port where you can hire a tricycle or multi-cab for P120-P150 going to your hotel. Please see our "Best Time To Visit Boracay" section below.
For a better perspective, see Boracay Map Philippines by Boracay Insider.
From Kalibo Airport: (Code: KLO)
- Air-conditioned vans are available outside the airport for P250/person including boat fare only going to Caticlan Jetty Port (November-May) or Tabon (June-October) depending on which port is used when you arrive.
- Kalibo to Caticlan or Tabon Port Travel Time: Approximately two(2) hours.
- Once at Caticlan or Tabon Jetty Port, pay the TERMINAL Fee (P100/person), and ENVIRONMENTAL Fee (P75/person).
- Proceed to baggage inspection, fill up the Visitor’s Form, proceed to boarding area.
*Air-conditioned shuttle buses are also available from transport companies Island Star Express (approximately P500-P600 per person per way) or Southwest Tours. We highly recommend advance booking your transfers with either of the two mentioned companies. Or you can arrange it with your chosen hotel for a worry-free, assisted travel from airport to your resort.
Airlines serving Kalibo and Caticlan Boracay airports are now selling transfers on board flights. After getting your luggage, you will be assisted by the airline’s partner transfers company to board your bus going to Boracay and all the way to your resort.
Boracay Travel By Boat
One of the most popular alternatives to visiting Boracay is by sea via 2GO Travel – one of the country’s largest land/sea travel providers. 1-WAY Fare from Batangas to Caticlan(Boracay) as of January 2019 starts at P994.50 (exclusive of taxes and fees).
- From Manila, take a 2-hour bus ride to Batangas Port.
- Once there, take the 2GO vessel en route to Caticlan(Boracay) Jetty Port.
- There are two(2) Batangas to Caticlan departures: 10am and 9pm(check both Batangas codes BTS and BTG as origin or destination).
- Boracay(Caticlan) Jetty Port departures: 8am and 9pm. View 2GO schedules.
- 2GO Travel Time: Approximately 10 hours.
RORO - Roll On, Roll Off
Another option would be the “Roll On – Roll Off” or RORO – a combination of land and sea travel. Philtranco 1-WAY fare from Manila to Caticlan (Boracay) as of July 2014: P 1,367.00 (it might be wise to check airline promo fares).
As of this 2017 update, Philtranco now accepts online reservations. For origin, choose Pasay under Metro Manila; destination Caticlan under Aklan province. Fare starts at P473.55 (without Ferry boat fares which range from P375-460/person/route).
- From Manila, take a 2-hour bus ride or drive yourself to Batangas Port.
- Once there, board the RORO to Calapan, Mindoro(approximately 3 hours).
- Upon reaching Calapan, proceed South to Roxas Port, Mindoro(approximately 3 hours) or Bulalacao(4 hours).
- From Roxas Port, ride the RORO to Caticlan(Boracay) Jetty Port(ex: Montenegro Lines - approximately 5 hours; P460/person) or from Bulalacao Port(ex: FastCat - approximately 3 hours; P375/person).
- RORO (Montenegro Lines) daily departures from Caticlan to Roxas Mindoro: 4am/10am/4pm/8pm/12MN.
- Caticlan to Bulalacao (FastCat): 3am/10am/3pm/10pm*.
- Total Travel Time: Approximately 15 hours.
*If you're driving yourself to Boracay, here's an idea of how much the vehicle freight charges are with FastCat:
- Batangas to Calapan: P1,536.00
- Bulalacao to Caticlan (Boracay): P3,380.00
Boracay Travel Local Tricycle Transportation Guide
How Much Are The Fares:?
Tricycles and e-Trikes are the main transportation vehicles used on Boracay. If you're planning a Boracay-DIY(do-it-yourself) transfers from CAGBAN Jetty Port to your resort, check out all your options with corresponding rates provided below. Please choose the area of your destination (hotel/resort).
Other Tricycle / e-Trike rates:
- Minimum Fare: P10 per person (Regular)
- Chartered or "Special" on flat road(Balabag): P60(5pax)
- Hourly Rate: P300 (Island tour for 4 pax)
Let's find you the cheapest room, shall we?
Boracay Travel Tip - 02: "LOOK before you BOOK"
Boracay travel need not be expensive! Choose from a wide selection of best-priced, budget hotels in Boracay. Aggregated so you can easily view details, compare rates, and book securely.
- Just indicate your intended travel dates, then click search.
- Add your filter either by pricing, guest or star rating.
- See all-in rates by choosing "including taxes" filter.
POWERED BY: World Travel Awards 6 time winner of "World's Leading Hotel Comparison Website" from 2013 to 2018.
When Is The Best Time To Visit Boracay?
Boracay Travel Tip – 03:
- Best time to visit Boracay is during the Cool/Shoulder/Dry/High Season from November to February.
- White Beach is mostly flat and pristine coming from the Cleaning/Wet/Low Season “Habagat” (Southwest Monsoon) which happens between June and October.
- Summer Season begins in March and ends in May. Mostly Filipinos flock to the island for their summer vacation with friends and family. Record highs in recent years during Labor Day weekend (first week of May) for "LaBoracay".
Money Matters: Philippine Currency
Boracay Travel Tip 04:
Have money changed upon arrival at any Philippine Airport for better exchange rates.* Last resort would be one of the five(5) local banks in Boracay but expect lower rates.
*As of this update, December 2016, new local money changers are now spread all over the island with competitive exchange rates.
Check today's conversion rates at XE.com.